Collect eye tracking data in a coffee shop, at the mall or in an office – wherever your participants are. Tobii X2-30 Eye Tracker is a new small, affordable, full-feature eye tracking system that snaps into place on your laptop so you can study websites or ads. Get instant, cost-efficient insights into visual attention and interest.
New small eye tracking system for your portable lab
The Tobii X2-30 Eye Tracker is a revolutionary small eye tracking system, powered by the latest generation innovative eye tracking technology from Tobii.
Easily snap it on to a laptop, a PC monitor, or even a tablet for a compact, highly portable eye tracking solution. You only need to plug in a single USB cable. It is ideal for usability and market research studies in the field so you can test participants in their familiar surroundings. The full-feature eye tracking system delivers the same high quality of data as our other eye trackers and its very robust participant tracking capability enables you to work efficiently with a wide cross-section of your population.
Maximum flexibility, portability, and a significantly lower price make it possible to integrate eye tracking into every interface design or communication project.
Versatile for a broad spectrum of eye tracking studies
The Tobii X2-30 Eye Trackers can be used for a large variety of test scenarios and stimuli dimensions. They are the perfect choice for on-screen studies on your laptop or PC monitor and for mobile device testing. Additionally high quality tracking of large gaze angels (up to 36°) also allows you to study large projections or real-world surfaces.
The variety of study designs are supported by supplied mounting solutions.
|Flush mount on screens up to 25”.||Track larger screens with deskstand
accessory or tripod.
|Track phones and tablets with Tobii
Mobile Device Stand for X2 accessory.
|Possible to track any device or surface.|
Fields of use
The Tobii X2-30 Eye Trackers are designed for studies primarily aimed at determining precisely where the participants are looking — the gaze point—rather than studying timing, duration of fixations or eye movements such as saccades, for example. The eye trackers are suitable for use in usability, market research and other research, in studies such as:
- Website and software usability studies
- Copy testing, digital campaigns and TV commercials
- Package design studies
- Real-world interface studies that require a small eye tracker, such as studies of an ATM, ticket machine, or control panel.
Flexibility of eye tracking study designs
Tobii X2-30 Eye Tracker allows for both screen and real-world test scenarios. For screen-based research, use it together with a laptop, an external monitor or an all-in-one PC. It can be mounted below most screens. With the eye tracker flush monted you can achieve highly accurate results for stimuli presentation on screens up to 25” and using desk stand you can track larger screens. This gives you the freedom to present your stimuli on a screen that best meets the specific needs of the study at hand.
The eye tracking system can also be used to study real-world interfaces. The small size allows for eye tracking studies of in-field devices that might not offer the space to accommodate a conventional full-sized remote eye tracker like an ATM, a ticket machine or a control panel.
Tobii X2-30 Eye Tracker enables you to work with Tobii Studio, the leading eye tracking analysis and visualization software. If you want to develop your own applications, theTobii Software Development Kit (Tobii SDK) > 3.0 is available as a free download.
Ease of use powered by USB
Supplied solutions for mounting the eye tracker, along with step-by-step installation and configuration guides, ensure user-friendly setup and configuration procedures. Once installed, you only need to mount the eye tracker and plug in a single USB cable and you are ready to run your study.
- Supplied mounting brackets for laptops, PC monitors and real-world interfaces.
- Only one USB cable between eye tracker and computer.
- Fully automatic eye tracking.
- Rapid and automatic eye tracking calibration procedure.
- Plug-and-play configuration available for Windows 7 and 8. Support for Mac OS X and Linux. The simple setup, configuration and automation mean you can efficiently perform eye tracking studies in the field where you have easy access to participants.
Uniquely large freedom of head movement
- The Tobii X2-30 Eye Tracker has even larger head movement tolerance than other Tobii eye trackers. Participants can move freely and naturally, whether in front of a laptop, PC monitor or real-world interface.
- Where other eye trackers fail to track participants at their natural distance from a screen, such as a laptop (close distance) or an ATM (long distance), the Tobii X2-30 Eye Tracker still delivers highly accurate data.
- Its small size and only one cable allow unobtrusive eye tracking studies of real-world interfaces that offer little space to accommodate a full-sized eye tracker.
- Stable and reliable eye tracking calibrations eliminate the need for recalibration during long sessions and can be reused for repeat sessions with the same participant.
The large head movement tolerance creates a distraction-free test environment, ensuring natural participant behavior and valid research results.
Accurate and reliable eye tracking
The eye tracking system captures data at approximately 30 Hz. It delivers unparalleled data accuracy within the whole tracking box and very robust participant tracking capability.
- Highly accurate gaze-position data in real-life conditions like when participants move relative to the eye tracker or under varying light conditions.
- Robust eye tracking capability ensures very low data loss in real-life conditions.
- Dual camera system with automatic selection of bright or dark pupil eye tracking accommodates for large variations in experimental conditions and ethnicity.
- Tracking of both eyes.
Accurate data produces highly reliable research results. Robust eye tracking capability ensures very low participant data loss and allows you to work efficiently with a wide cross-section of the population.
Tobii Technology has adopted a comprehensive method for gaze accuracy and precision measurements to facilitate performance comparisons of different remote eye tracking systems. The Tobii X2-30 Eye Tracker technical specification is a condensed version of the preliminary results from these measurements and can be downloaded below.
A detailed description of the test method can be found in the document Accuracy and Precision Test Method for Remote Eye Trackers